Saturday, October 23, 2010

Further proof that we have more than chickens.

I walked around with the camera today (it's really a surprisingly fun thing to do) and took a bunch of pictures.

Here's one of our horses, Alex, staring at me through a window into the stall, probably wondering why I'm wandering around and spooking everyone with my crazy flash. I am not skilled enough with photo magicks to fix her eyes, so she is just going to have to keep on looking like a freak. (Sorry, Alex.)


This is the front of the pack house, which we've turned into kind of a workshop (saws, storage, etc.). Like most of the buildings around here it's having an identity crisis because we're re-doing everything at once.


I think this sign is from an old laundromat:


Here's an old print that has somehow found its way into the pack house/workshop. It's hanging out on the ladder that's built in to the inside wall:


This is our mule, Ruby, and her ears. Ruby is actually a championship mule; she won some kind of endurance race that's held out west where horses and mules compete to see who is the best at being a survivor.

(Those trashcans are not normally there.)


1 comment: